Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Dumbbells Review
In this modern era, being fit and healthy is much needed. You see so many people taking care of their diet, fitness, health, going to the gym. Some people are very enthusiastic about the gym and some are not. If you are new to the concept of working out and are lazy to go to the gym and have got some workout space at your home, you might think and consider of buying adjustable dumbbells. Dumbbells are considered to be very crucial for the workout of a fitness enthusiast. While considering adjustable dumbbells, go for Bowflex SelectTech 1090.
You might think that why does Bowflex SelectTech 1090 tops the list of adjustable dumbbells. Bowflex SelectTech 1090 totally deserves to be on the top because:
- It weighs more or less same all by itself.
- Sometimes, it weighs more than other adjustable dumbbells that are there.
- These dumbbells give you a hard to believe workout.
- Generally, work out with single dumbbell is much better and more effective than the workout done with a pair of dumbbells.
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 is a single adjustable dumbbell which is very easy to adjust. Its perfect for squats, heavy rows and dead lifts. Also, it is surrounded by a durable molding, which makes it very quiet therefore, your partner or anybody at home will not be woken up or get disturbed by your workout.
Benefits of using Bowflex SelectTech 1090
It helps in Saving Your Money and Space
The first and foremost thing Bowflex SelectTech 1090 is going to do is save you money. If you own this, you don’t need any other set of weights for your home or gym. Also pair of these dumbbells will take the minimum of space of your home or gym.
You can Add or Lower Weight according to your needs
There are certain adjustable dumbbells that have a dial system which allows you to adjust the weight settings. With the Bowflex SelectTech 1090 you can adjust, add or lower weight according to your requirement.
You Won't Outgrow Adjustable Weights
When you use solid dumbbells it can quickly outgrow weight and can become a weight that cannot be used by you anymore. With adjustable dumbbells you can never outgrow with weights as you can always add or lessen weights. That’s why adjustable dumbbells are great to have and are better than solid dumbbells.
What dumbbell exercises can one perform with Bowflex SelectTech 1090?
A person can perform a number of exercises with weights and adjustable dumbbells. The exercises help in toning your muscles. You can use light or heavy weight according to your own preferences Following are the exercises that can be easily performed with Bowflex SelectTech 1090:
A basic, easy exercise that should be done by everyone. All you have to do is stand and with your palms facing forward place two dumbbells close to the shoulders.Raise the dumbbells until your elbows get locked above your head. Do this on repeat 8-12 times.
This exercise is similar to that of shoulder press except you can do this exercise by using a chair for support.
Take your dumbbells in each hand in front of your hips, raise them on to your sides until your arms get parallel to the ground and lower them down and repeat it in the same order. Keep your arms as much straight as you can during this exercise.
In this exercise, place a dumbbell each on your hand and bring them in front of your thighs. Lift both hands until they get parallel to ground. Do this movement slowly and don’t end up jerking your back.
This exercise involves of your lying on a bench and hold your dumbbells at your chest level. Keep on raising the weights until you lock your elbows and after a few seconds, lower them down. Keep on breathing in and out while performing this exercise. This exercise is best for building strength.
Dimensions & Models of Bowflex SelectTech 1090
When Comparing with regular dumbbells, mainly the lighter weights, nobody can deny the fact that SelectTechs are pretty huge. Though, the length of Bowflex SelectTech 1090 remains the same regardless of the weight you have selected.
- The Bowflex SelectTech 1090 is 17.5in long, 10in wide and 10in in height.
- There are 17 weight settings, therefore each pair of 1090s takes place of the 17 pairs of the free weights.
- The weight range for each dumbbell can go from 10lb up to 90lb.
- In 5lb increments, weights can be changed by you.
- It has a textured-metal grip. It can be hard for some people on hands, but if they use gloves they can have a great and comfortable workout.
- It is Space-saving
- It is very Portable
- Its Costs you less than buying standard dumbbells
- • They can be Adjusted quickly and easily
- They have a very elegant design
- They are flexible
- They are very Good with programs like Chalean Xreme and PX90in which you are required to change weights quickly
- They are very quiet ,no clanking voice
- They can be shared if handled with care
- They can’t be thrown around like any of your regular dumbbells. They are made of multiple parts so there should not be any rough handling. Due to this reason, they are not the best suitable product to be bought for a gym setup.
- The plates/dials sometimes stick to each other.
- At times people have experienced the Plates falling in Bowflex SelectTech 1090.
Though Bowflex SelectTech 1090 require a lot of care but, its dial system and changing of weights works very easily works. Yes, it can be a trouble for the ones using it for the first time, but once you get used to it, using it is not that much of a bigger deal. If you take care of these dumbbells properly, they will provide you a great service which makes them a must buy.
Where to buy
Bowflex SelectTech 1090 Adjustable Dumbbell (Single)